Originally published in March 2020, this list of financial products was last updated in November 2023.
The financial products listed below are ones that I believe are the best on the market right now and ones that I would choose and use.
It doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re right for you of course – everyone’s circumstances are different and you should do your own research based on that.
This post is updated semi-regularly, although you may not see any changes if there aren’t any great new products on the market.
Finally, in some cases, I may receive a small commission if you sign up through my link. These are marked with an asterisk.
That money helps to keep this website going but it certainly does not affect my editorial judgement – I work as a journalist and editor by day and do not rely on this website as a form of income. You can read more about the money side of things here.
- Nationwide Flex Account 5% AER up to £1,500 but only for the first year for new customers
- Club Lloyds Current Account 3% AER on balances between £4,000 and £5,000, 1.5% AER on balances between £1 and £3,999.99; there’s a £3 a month fee if you don’t pay in at least £2,000 a month
- Virgin Money M Plus 2.02% AER up to £1,000 and no charges for spending money abroad
Here’s a list of current accounts with switching offers right now. You might also want to check out the list of current accounts with the best interest rates, and the current accounts that will give you rewards.
Instant access savings account:
- Chip Instant Access Account* 4.84% AER
- Marcus Online Savings Account 4.75% AER
- Atom Instant Saver 4.11% AER (app only)
- Chase Saver Account 4.1% AER (linked savings account)
Regular savings account:
- First Direct Regular Saver 7% AER – pay in up to £300 a month
- Natwest Digital Regular Saver 6.17% AER – pay in up to £150 a month, with higher rate paid up to £5,000
- RBS Digital Regular Saver 6.17% AER – pay in up to £150 a month, with higher rate paid up to £5,000
Also check out my round up of the savings accounts that come with prize draws.
- Topcashback* – cashback on most major retailers. It’s free and there’s also a premium version you can sign up for. I generally get a bit more cashback from these guys but sometimes Quidco runs special promotions.
- Quidco* – cashback on most major retailers. It’s free but there’s also a premium version you can sign up for.
- Amazon* – Amazon has a dedicated page with personalised offers for you.
Also check out Money Talk‘s regular deals newsletter.